Menu
sapien82
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contact email

I want to know why virgin are emailing me at my work email when I have never provided this as a contact point ? So how can they email my work if Ive never provided it or given them permission to do so.

My email is set as my personal email on googlemail yet somehow virgin has been emailing all my contact emails to my work email address.

This is in addition to the long list of things Virgin cant do properly

honestly one of the worst media companies I've ever had to do business with.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact email

Are you sure it’s VM? Not someone pretending to be VM.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i would agree possible scam email, does it ask for personal details or a link in to update account details etc.. you could use something like -> https://www.ip-adress.com/trace-email-address to trace the email based on the header since easy enough to spoof an email address e.g. make it look like its coming from somebody else.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
sapien82
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yeh its definitely them , the emails are all about what my tv package shows are etc, shows for me , its  a standard virgin media promotional email 

but I never gave them my work email once.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi sapien82 and thanks for your post,

I'm sorry to hear of the confusion surrounding the emails you've been receiving. I'm afraid I'm not able to offer any insight into how we've obtained your work email address other than it must have been provided to us at some point as it would have been very difficult for us to guess it and reach the right customer.

Just so you know you can update you contact email address via the 'My Profile' tab on My Virgin Media here: virg.in/myVM.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos