Menu
kevans
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Contact VM Internet Security team - any admins on?

Hi I keep getting letters from Virgin Media Internet Security Team & my email accounts get blocked.

They say that an email address that has been compromised so well done at spotting it BUT:

The email account was deleted around 2 years ago! Despite many calls to customer service & promises of action - it keeps happening.

The letter has no contact details for the Internet Security Team & I cant get one from Customer Services - anyone got the contact details or another method of contact - I've tried the various web contact forms but get no response...…….

Thanks IA

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contact VM Internet Security team - any admins on?

Hi kevans,

I can get this flagged to I.T. and have the old email address removed from our Central filing system. I need to gather some details from you so please reply to my PM (purple envelope, top right) and I'll get this sorted out.

Regards, 

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jezc
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

I'm having the same problem  - email account keeps getting blocked over old and deleted email address - please can you get this sorted out?

Thanks

Jez

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi jezc,

I shall be happy to help of course 🙂 Just reply to my PM (purple envelope top right) and I'll be in touch.

Jen
Forum Team

Ntlworld12
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here. I have had my accounts reset 4 times over the last 12 months with promises that it is all sorted out.

Accounts blocked again 2 days ago and usual letter received today. Email account was deleted from my account 3+ years ago.

Anyone who can help as I can't face explaining all this to someone 'miles away' yet again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ntlworld12

I am sorry to hear that,  just to confirm the email the letter is regarding is linked to an old account of yours that is now disconnected? 

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
Ntlworld12
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The letter refers to an email address (an old NTL address)  which was created under my current account. The address was deleted some years ago on the Virgin email interface and no longer appears online.

How it can send anything is beyond me as it isn't on any of my PC's. It is as though it exists in Virgin behind the scenes somewhere happily sending stuff out. They can plainly see it doesn't appear against my account but are too brainless to do anything despite me explaining everything over and over again. All they do is reset my passwords, promise they will sort it out and then another letter appears a few months later.

Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Ntlworld12
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Also it would be nice if the Internet Security Team (are you watching?) would have the guts to put a contact number on their letters. Easy to hide when you avoid the issue of actually talking to the people who you have cut off again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about that, I am going to send you a private message if you can reply we can look into that for you.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos