cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant calls (harassment)

V-user
Joining in

Hi, just recently since registering to take part in your competition for the Samsung S21, I've recieved quite a number of calls from your marketing team and would like the calls to end, that's why I'm reporting this here. My phone number is registered with TPS and has been for many years, I've also recently asked to be removed from any marketing on my online account once these calls started happening. Can someone who works at virgin please sort this out.

The numbers which have been calling me are:

0800 183 6411, 0800 183 6408, 0800 183 6403, 0800 408 9340

Thanks

45 REPLIES 45

SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@V-user wrote:

I could not find an appointment but this doesnt explain why my number is being contacted about an appointment and in a time when I'm reporting about multiple calls made by VM, seems strange to me. Nobody had my phone number until I signed up to that competition.

@V-user So, are you saying the number you are receiving the texts about a visit on is not the contact number on your VM account?  AFAIK the contact number on your account is the only one they should text about appointments and VM would have that prior to the competition entry.

Are you sure your online account is secure and is not being accessed by anyone else in your household?

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It may be that a member of our team has accidently typed in an incorrect digit in the mobile number resulting in you getting these calls about a faults appointment V-user.

We can check you account for piece of mind to make sure no appointments have been raised on your account for you. I will pop you over a private message to make sure we have all the correct details and if a faults appointment had been booked in error we will get this cancelled for you.

Please click o the purple envelope to accept the chat and I will take some details from you.

Kind regards Jodi.

don't see a contact number on my account only email

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@V-user wrote:

don't see a contact number on my account only email

That would be correct, the contact phone number does not show on the online account and can only be changed by speaking to a customer service agent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi V-user,

Just a quick note to say the faults appointment has now been cancelled at your request and we have removed your number from our marketing list.

This will take a short while so we do apologise if you have anymore calls in the interim.

If you need any further assistance please come back to us through this channel.

Have a lovely evening Jodi,

Thanks for the help much appreciated.