cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant calls (harassment)

V-user
Joining in

Hi, just recently since registering to take part in your competition for the Samsung S21, I've recieved quite a number of calls from your marketing team and would like the calls to end, that's why I'm reporting this here. My phone number is registered with TPS and has been for many years, I've also recently asked to be removed from any marketing on my online account once these calls started happening. Can someone who works at virgin please sort this out.

The numbers which have been calling me are:

0800 183 6411, 0800 183 6408, 0800 183 6403, 0800 408 9340

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi V-user,

Just a quick note to say the faults appointment has now been cancelled at your request and we have removed your number from our marketing list.

This will take a short while so we do apologise if you have anymore calls in the interim.

If you need any further assistance please come back to us through this channel.

Have a lovely evening Jodi,

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

45 REPLIES 45

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi V-user,

Welcome to our Community Help Forums 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the unwanted sales calls you have been receiving. I am so sorry you have been receiving so many calls, I understand this must be annoying for you.

Just to check, have you already logged into your account here and changed the preferences to prevent receiving any more sales calls?

Thanks,

Serena

Yes I have opted out as I mentioned in my original post here (Online account)

Thanks for confirming, 

I've checked and it has been updated from our side,

Can you please confirm if there have been any calls since?

Alex_Rm

If I receive anymore calls I will let you know... Thanks

Edit: If you mean have I recieved any calls since opting out yes I did that's why I'm here

No worries V-user, 

Keep us posted 🙂

Alex_Rm

The last call I had was today at 12:47 this is maybe a week or so after opting out of marketing.

'The last call I had was today at 12:47 this is maybe a week or so after opting out of marketing'

it can usually take a few weeks. i opted out some years ago, it was at least 4 weeks before it all stopped. 

It can take that long to show up on their end... But has been confirmed it's updated on their end so I shouldn't receive anymore calls. We'll see if I get another call 2morro

It seems this maybe related to my post here, I've just received a text message from 07800002204 about a technician coming to repair my service, yet I haven't reported my service broken, the text reads as follows:

"Hi it's Virgin Media. A technician will be with you 26/4 8am - 12pm if your service starts working, reply FIXED to cancel our visit. If not, see you then"

Why am I receiving this?