Congleton Number - Discount

TomFryett
Joining in

Hi I’ve had two calls this morning from

[REMOVED]
Congleton, England, United Kingdom

[REMOVED]
Alloa, Scotland, United Kingdom

saying from Virgin Media and asking me to confirm personal details - are these scammers?

[MOD EDIT: Private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anankha
Problem sorter

It depends on what information they asked for - they should ask for 3 characters from your phone password (not your account password) & possibly your full name. If they asked for account details &/or bank or card details then most likely it was a scam.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Anankha
Problem sorter

It depends on what information they asked for - they should ask for 3 characters from your phone password (not your account password) & possibly your full name. If they asked for account details &/or bank or card details then most likely it was a scam.

My Broadband Ping - Virginmedia

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TomFryett, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've received some calls. 

I personally don't like confirming whether a number is genuine or not as scammers these days can spoof the number. 

What I can advise is that if you feel unsure or unsafe then never continue with the call. You can always call us back if you wish. 

In terms of the calls themselves, if you'd rather not receive them then you can update your marketing preferences here. Click on Account settings > Marketing preferences > Edit my preferences. From here you can opt out and it will stop calls, emails and addressed marketing. It's worth noting that it can take up to 28 days for all marketing to stop. 

You can also find information on how to remain safe here

Keep us posted if you have any further queries or questions. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs