Menu
Chunkydunky
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cloudflare Captcha

Hi,

Hope this is the correct part of the Forum.  So my issue is that the last few days I keep getting the Cloudflare Captcha page when ever I access any websites.  I've read in other posts that this could be due to my IP being flagged as suspicious?  So I went through the motions of trying to check this.

I've virus scanned my PC and laptop, ran malware bytes to check for any malware.  Both have come back clean as a whistle.  I've checked on ProjectHoneyPot and my IP is clean too according to them.

Is there a way I can get this sorted as it's really annoying.  Any before anyone asks, no I'm not doing anything dodgy to cause this lol 

Is there a Virgin Tech on this forum that could release and renew my current external IP so I get another or do I have to go through the rigmarole of the phone support?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cloudflare Captcha

They don't change IP's, its based on the MAC address of the router, just keep doing the captcha and eventually CF will probably give up checking you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chunkydunky
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Do you mean CF base it on the mac or Virgin do?

Its proper annoying as its stopping some game info boards and some xbox stuff working as it can't show the captcha page. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The suggestion is that Virgin Media use MAC address to allocation specific IP addresses.

Consider contacting the website administrator to see if they can whitelist your IP address.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos