cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child lock is switched off but it is still blocking sites

noddybox
Joining in

Hello all

I've just recently moved house (Nottingham to London) and took my Virgin Media with me.  At the new address I am getting blocked by the child lock, but when I check on My Virgin Media it is off.

Any ideas what's gone wrong?  Is the Virgin Media account only for the old address?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ian, 

Thanks for giving that info in our PM, I was able to access both accounts on my side and I am just about to do the M&T. 

I just need to make you aware that if you've tried to create a new Online Account and password after moving to your new property, it will be erased in order for the move to be processed. Basically - You may need to change your password to sign in next time 🙂

The process will take up to 24 hours so please give it some time to complete, but after the 24 hours has elapsed please go ahead and try to login via forgot my password. 

Please come back to let me know if it's worked or if you need any further help!

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi noddybox, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have been experiencing some issues with your settings following your house move. 

When taking the account to a new address, we would need to transfer your online account to your new account number (provided for the new address). If this has not been completed, when you login, you may still be accessing your former account details/settings. 

When you login to your online account, does it still show the same details for your former account? If so, let us know and we will look to get this changed and the settings updated. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Thanks Nat

I must admit I don't have a clue if my account number has changed.  I've found it on the MyViginMedia under the contract and I think it may be the original one.  Do I get a new account number when I move?  I assume I do from what you said.

So it looks like I'm being sent to the old account.  Any ideas how I get this sorted?

Cheers.

Ian C

Hi Noddybox, 

Thanks for coming back to us, I am sorry you've been having these issues with your child lock safety on your online account. 

If you feel you are being routed through to the old online account, then we would be able to help 🙂

It's called a Move & Transfer of your Online Account and Email details from our old account to your new one, I'll send you a PM now so we can get the ball rolling on this. 

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Ian, 

Thanks for giving that info in our PM, I was able to access both accounts on my side and I am just about to do the M&T. 

I just need to make you aware that if you've tried to create a new Online Account and password after moving to your new property, it will be erased in order for the move to be processed. Basically - You may need to change your password to sign in next time 🙂

The process will take up to 24 hours so please give it some time to complete, but after the 24 hours has elapsed please go ahead and try to login via forgot my password. 

Please come back to let me know if it's worked or if you need any further help!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks for that Megan.  I'll give it 24 hours and then try and change the lock.  Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Hello Megan

Just to let you know it seems to have worked.  I waited the day and it still was barring me, but a reboot of my hub sorted it out so thanks for your help.

Cheers.