cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Safe switched OFF but blocking sites

Autunno
Joining in

I have the same problem as well, I have just checked my online security controls and it's all turned off. This happens while browsing on virgin media in all my devices (desktop, ipad, mobile), but not when I'm on 4g. There's no firewall settings that I can see, and one time I got to see a page saying "disable your child safe settings to access", which are already turned off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Autunno thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here, regarding Child Safe.

That is strange, it would appear that the setting is on based on this but as you've mentioned, this isn't the case from your side.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to browse a VPN website, for example http://protonvpn.com/; by default VPN sites are blocked? If access is blocked post back here to have issue flagged to the forum team.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Yes, VPN sites are blocked for me, I can't enter any (such as the link you provided, as well as nordvpn, expressvpn, etc). I would also like to get these unblocked.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a few hours or days to respond but it is usually the former.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Autunno thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here, regarding Child Safe.

That is strange, it would appear that the setting is on based on this but as you've mentioned, this isn't the case from your side.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect this to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Set on your device to use these DNS IP's

---------------------------------------------------------------