cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Safe off, but still blocking sites

Shuv65
Joining in

I've switched off Child Safe in my account settings, but still get websites being blocked by Child Safe. I've rebooted the Hub & my devices several times. I've had a support person, via WhatsApp, ensure/verify that my Child Safe is off. I can ping the particular sites. The sites are not in the blocked list. Why does this still block sites ?

10 REPLIES 10

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to provide the URL that is being blocked? if not then what IP Address is returned when running the following command: nslookup nordvpn.com

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

nslookup nordvpn.com
Server: cache1.service.virginmedia.net
Address: 194.168.4.100

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: nordvpn.com
Addresses: 2a02:8801:200:1::1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Child Safe is not Off and issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to help further however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

FYI: nslookup should have returned an IP Address of 104.17.49.74. In the unlikely circumstance your browser does not upgrade HTTP requests to HTTPS then going to nordvpn.com will show the Virgin Media Child Safe settings have blocked this site message

Hello Shuv65.

Thanks for your post 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your Child safe settings
I can look into this for you 
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Thanks for those details Shuv65,

Can you please try a website now that was being blocked before. 

Gareth_L 

Still blocked & nslookup still returning the same info.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try flushing Windows' DNS cache with the following command before running the nslookup command:

ipconfig /flushdns

Still get the same response.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shuv65

Thank you for your reply

Can I ask which devices it is where you're experiencing this error? This will help us get this sorted for you 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs