cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Safe can't be disabled

momoko
Tuning in

Tried couple times on disabling the child safe function. The web said I disabled but the result is negative. Please have someone to assist from the backend which I have seen couple of cases from other customers happening right now. 

12 REPLIES 12

momoko
Tuning in

Still waiting for somebody help......Please disable it at your end.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the fourm team however be aware it can take them a few hours days to respond. In the meantime when signed into Virgin Media | Virgin Media and go to https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings to see if that allows Web Safe to be disabled.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @momoko,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with Child Safe at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @momoko.

I have looked into this and can see that you turned off Child Safe at the start of this week, I have re-enabled and disabled it again, this should refresh the settings right now, please let me know if you're still having any issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

No, it is still the same.... some websites didn't show it is blocked but cannot access and said unable to complete the request.

I am able to access via mobile data. I even disabled the virus scan.... Please resolve the problem asap. I am frustrated to the bad experience.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In its default configuration access to VPN sites is blocked so with Web Safe off there should be no issue accessing any of the sites mentioned here VPN service - Wikipedia, for example Proton VPN. Is that the case?

I didn't use any of VPN Service. I was saying the sites are able to access via my mobile data! only your broadband blocked the sites with a page saying blocked by child safe.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The point about accessing the sites mentioned is that if Web Safe is off these sites should be accessible and if they are not then Web Safe is still on despite what its status may indicate.

Good Morning @momoko, thanks for coming back to us.

Can you pleas confirm if you have since been able to access the websites in question?

Are you able to access an content that is deemed to be 18+?

Feel free to advise us of any web addresses you're currently struggling to access, on the broadband services, with child safe switched off.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn