cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing WPA security setting from 2to 3

hardymel
Joining in

My IPhone settings says my WiFi security settings are weak and need to be changed to WTK 3 instead of WPA 2. How do I do this?.

8 REPLIES 8

hardymel
Joining in

My IPhone security settings states that my current WPA 2 is weak and needs to be changed to WPA 3. How do I do this to my hub 3 router.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The Hub 3 does not have that feature. There is a sticky post here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

about changing security settings to WPA2-PSK

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The Hub 3 does not have that feature. There is a sticky post here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

about changing security settings to WPA2-PSK

Avoid doubling posting your query as it leads to confusion and duplication in the answers provided.

Hi when logging into the hub settings I noticed I’m getting unknown devices on my network which are my devices but won’t change when I pin hole reset is this an known issue or does it not need to worry?

@Jimmyswanston22 wrote:

Hi when logging into the hub settings I noticed I’m getting unknown devices on my network which are my devices but won’t change when I pin hole reset is this an known issue or does it not need to worry?

In what sense are they 'unknown' if you know they are your devices?!

Hi @Jimmyswanston22

Welcome back to the community.

Sometimes you will see 'unknown' when the system isn't able to identify the devices make and model.

You should still be able to see the MAC and IP address just not the specific information for the device itself.

If you can manually identify the device, you can update the name in the hub settings if you wish.

I do hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further questions.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yh sorted that but not solving the weak security coming up in WiFi connections and when in hub settings the 5ghz configuration option is shaded out and doesn’t seem to be showing the split ids in WiFi connections only the 2.4 ghz I pin holed the hub still no change and it’s a new hub 3 router any solutions 

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for reaching back out to us in our community and for the update, if the Weak Security issue with an iPhone or other Apple device? If it is, you can find out more around this here?

Regards

Paul.