cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to Web Safe page?

pikeruk
Tuning in

Tried following links to Web Safe page and will not connect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kath

Thank you for your time and effort on my question. Since posting this and your reply I have been in touch with customer services and they have sorted me out.

The problem, (it seems), was that I needed to register with Virgin again under a new email address, when I did that it all worked as normal.

Thanks once again for your help, I am now a happy 'bunny' 🙂

regards

Terry 🙂 🙂

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pikeruk, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

In order to help, can you give us a little more information on what you're wanting to do? Are you trying to activate Web Safe or just find out more information regarding it? 

When you say it will not connect, hat link are you clicking on? What error message are you getting? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help you further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath

Thanks for replying so quickly. Here is the situation I am facing...

Up until Saturday 9/10/2021 my wife had an account with Virgin, I decided to upgrade. So my wife cancelled her account. Since then by signing in with my NEW account I can only get my wife's account, but I want to change the 'web safe' details? But when I click on web safe it will not open it (web safe).

I have a feeling that because my wife had an account Virgin is not allowing me to sign in to my new account. It keeps coming up with my wife's old account but when I try and do something like go to Web Safe it says (in so many words) you are no longer a member???

Can you help me sort this out please?

regards

Terry

Interesting situation; here are a few points worthy of consideration.

@pikeruk wrote:

Hi Kath

Thanks for replying so quickly. Here is the situation I am facing...

Up until Saturday 9/10/2021 my wife had an account with Virgin, I decided to upgrade. So my wife cancelled her account. Since then by signing in with my NEW account I can only get my wife's account, but I want to change the 'web safe' details? But when I click on web safe it will not open it (web safe).

If out of contract your wife would have had to give 30 days notice of termination, and her account would still be active for that 30 days (up to 09/11/2021) until it's properly closed. If still in contract there would be penalty charges to pay for an early cancellation.

This being the case I'd be surprised if you were immediately provided with a new account, under your name and at the same address. I didn't believe that two separate accounts could be linked to the same address simultaneously, and presumably using the same equipment. That's worth querying.

Perhaps VM carried out a "move and transfer" of your wife's account to your name, unlikely though if you made changes to your contract at the same time. There are other caveats which have to be followed as well, some of which should prevent such a transfer from happening.

There also used to be a "transfer of responsibility" option provided by VM but I don't know if that's still available or not. Anyway it's unlikely to be appropriate in this case.

Can you still log into My Virgin Media with your wife's username/password and gain access to the websafe settings?

I have a feeling that because my wife had an account Virgin is not allowing me to sign in to my new account. It keeps coming up with my wife's old account but when I try and do something like go to Web Safe it says (in so many words) you are no longer a member???

If signing into My Virgin Media with your new username/password gives you access to your wife's account, that would be in clear violation of the Data Protection Act 2018:
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/12/contents/enacted

That's something which should be taken very seriously indeed!

Also be aware that the primary and all secondary email addresses set up under your wife's account will be deleted 90 days after her account is closed. Ensure you have reliable backups of all important emails from all associated email addresses, before that 90 day window of access closes.

Your new VM account should include a new VM email address, with options to add more, but not access to email addresses created from a different account.

Can you help me sort this out please?

regards

Terry

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Hi Kath

Thank you for your time and effort on my question. Since posting this and your reply I have been in touch with customer services and they have sorted me out.

The problem, (it seems), was that I needed to register with Virgin again under a new email address, when I did that it all worked as normal.

Thanks once again for your help, I am now a happy 'bunny' 🙂

regards

Terry 🙂 🙂

Hi there Terry, 

Thank you so much for letting us know and we are so happy to hear this is resolved. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know should you need any further assistance. 

Thanks again.