Menu
xyz11
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't receive calls from other virgin media phones / sims

Since updating my phone a week or so ago and installing a new sim card I can no longer receive calls from my family who all have virgin mobile sims.  I have been on the phone to helpline numerous time but getting nowhere.  No compensation offered and no end in sight.  Is this a breach of contract and if so can we cancel all our virgin contracts?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't receive calls from other virgin media phones / sims

Hi xyz11, 

I would firstly like to apologise for the experience you've had. 

Has the SIM card been fully activated? Also have you tried a manual network search? I hope that since your post things have progressed. Be sure to let me know. 

Thank you for your post. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
xyz11
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still not working.  The last I heard from Virgin Mobile is that there is an issue with EE hosted and non-EE hosted sim cards.  My new card is non EE and will not receive calls from EE hosted Virgin Mobile phones.  The only vague reassurance I have had is that they will email me when this situation is resolved and that I will be refunded some money - I am still waiting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi xyz11,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your new SIM card. Apologies as well for the time it's taken to respond to your post.  Has this been sorted out for you since your post? 

If you are still having an issue with this, I will need to take more details in order to look into this for you. Please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos