cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay usual way, card declined, 'SCA' error. Natwest says you need to update to full '3D' security???

TomSpeed
On our wavelength

I think they said '3D' anyway, but yeah, they said they have already informed you about this too.

Thanks.

Tom.

29 REPLIES 29

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for that PapaBear2,

Just to clarify, are payments made manually or through direct debit?

Thanks,

Kain

Hi,

I pay manually and have also spoken to the collections team they said they have a dedicated team that are looking into this problem but did not give me a time frame.

Hi PapaBear2, 

Thanks for coming back and updating us on this one. 

Recently the banks have made changes to increase security when using your card to pay via websites to try and stop fraud and unauthorised transactions. 

We've not had any notification of this affecting people widespread though. 

I'm glad the team are already working on this and if you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

TomSpeed
On our wavelength

Just tried again, I still have this issue.

Hi TomSpeed, 

Did you by any chance get to see newapollo's message to yourself?

^Martin

I did not start this thread I just said I was having the same problem and all the issues listed by him where not applicable to me as I have already spoken to Natwest and they can see the transaction request to Virgin but its virgin's side that is declining this not the bank.

Keith

Morning Keith,

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue. 

Can you confirm if clearing your cache and cookies helps at all?

Alex_Rm

Hi,

Yes i have cleared cache & cookies on all 3 browser types (edge / chrome / firefox)

And i will try again next month but i do not hold out any hope of it being sorted. For this month I was lucky to find a free phone number (0800 064 3777) so it cost me nothing to pay the bill unlike the 0345 number that your cs kept telling me to use.

This has caused me so much stress and cost me £10 off my own credit to your CS department's that as soon as any other fibre provider comes into my area I will be leaving straight away and join them after all the years off service the past few years off troubles have made me reconsider even thought off dropping to normal phone line speed.

Keith

Hi @PapaBear2,

I do apologise for the inconvenience that this is causing for you. If this banking/payment issue does seem to return then please let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Well guess what's happened when I have tried to pay my phone bill online.

Yes I am getting the same message about SCA being required but yet again my bank are telling me they see the amount but you at VM are refusing the payment you need to get this sorted this has now been 4 weeks and still same problem.

Keith