cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay usual way, card declined, 'SCA' error. Natwest says you need to update to full '3D' security???

TomSpeed
On our wavelength

I think they said '3D' anyway, but yeah, they said they have already informed you about this too.

Thanks.

Tom.

29 REPLIES 29

Hi @PapaBear2

Thanks for coming back to us. I've checked here and it's not something we're aware of. Have you called our Collections team to pay this? 0345 142 4444. Best 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes I have called your collections team and wasted my own credit as I do not have a VM phone line and they told me they had a team working on the problem and it would be sorted within a few days, that was a month ago and still the same problem with paying on your site exists so I will not waste anymore off my own money or time as you guys can not be bothered to fix something at your side.

All you are concerned with is new customers and screw the loyal ones but as soon as another cable provider comes to Cleethorpes I am leaving VM but till then I am stuck with a crappy service and poor CS.

I now see that the monopoly you have in my area makes you very complacent when it comes to service.

Keith

Thanks for coming back to us PapaBear2,

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this issue is causing you. We fully understand the frustration caused, and our team will be working as quickly as possible to get this issue resolved as we are aware of this. 

We can assure you that all our customer matter new and existing. 

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience this issue is causing.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi there

I'm having same problem, SCA issue.  It's proper frustrating & annoying.  I've been a loyal customer for many years & this situation is beyond stressful.  I normally pay via Barclays, but trying to switch (direct debit/new funding source) now to Natwest (my main bank now), it's absolute hell. 

I hate using phones (Aspie thing) & my cache etc is not the problem.  I've contacted Natwest online, they say the problems with Virgin Media not them.  Please Virgin Media, fix the issue (for us all) asap, so I can pay overdue bill online & pay monthly via Natwest instead of Barclays.

Add me to the list as well as I am getting the SCA Exemptions: Soft decline, SCA required error with my Natwest debit card.

I did manage a partial payment with my credit card but don't want to use this.

Please fix this issue with Natwest cards.

Hi @nbaker thanks a lot for your reply.

Please be assured we're still looking into this further - we'll aim to resolve this ASAP.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Three months later and still this problem has not been fixed,,,,

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced nbaker, 

Welcome back to the community.

To clarify, are you still unable to make any payment at all?

Regards,

Kain

Hi,

Yes still unable to make any payment using 2 NatWest debit cards.

I can appreciate that must be frustrating @nbaker

Have you tried calling our collections team to arrange the payment? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs