cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login to MyVirginMedia on Windows 10 in Edge or Chrome

zylaxepav
Tuning in

Hi, I recently upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and can now no longer log in to My VirginMedia web page in either Edge or Chrome. When I click "Sign In", and fill in my details it simply hangs on the "Logging in" screen. If I turn on Developer tools, I see "token has expired". I've tried clearing cookies and Cache etc, but nothing works.

I can log in on my work computer using the same credentials. 

zylaxepav_0-1675980754904.png

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the device's time and date correctly set?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

Edge & Chrome are both Chromium browsers.

I just logged in OK with Firefox at : https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media

Hi, thanks. I tried downloading and installing firefox - Unfortunately I get the same error. 

I can log in using the same credentials on Chrome on my Android so I'm thinking it must be something lower level.

I've accepted all cookies.

So it just hangs and the dev console show this:

zylaxepav_0-1675985266262.png

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is the device's time and date correctly set?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi, you are a hero !!

Although the time in the bottom right corner was showing the correct date/time, when I checked the timezone settings, it was set to Pacific (US & Canada).

Once I changed this to UK and rebooted it worked !!

This had me stumped for a long time - so very well done and many thanks!!

OlinTucker
Joining in

I think it might be an issue with your browser or cookies, but it's weird that it's happening in both Edge and Chrome. Have you tried using a different browser, like Firefox, to see if that works? You could also try disabling any extensions you have running, as those can sometimes interfere with website functionality.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@OlinTucker wrote:

I think it might be an issue with your browser or cookies, but it's weird that it's happening in both Edge and Chrome. Have you tried using a different browser, like Firefox, to see if that works? You could also try disabling any extensions you have running, as those can sometimes interfere with website functionality.

@OlinTucker,

FYI: this issue was resolved over a month ago.

I have similar problem where log in button does not respond or if it does, virgin symbol simply buffers. Time zone correctly set for UK. Can log in via other family laptops

Hi BrumBri

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced logging into your MyVM account, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

From what you have advised it may be a device issues if you're able to access the account on other laptops. We'd recommend all of the usual steps such as clearing cache and data for your browser, rebooting the device and then trying again.

Let us know if this helps.

Rob

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the issue persist then using your browser's Incognito / Private widow mode?

-- 
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks