Menu
Ominus
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't get to Web Safe settings. Loops back to my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit

Hi,

the button to use Web Safe settings simply loops back to the same page promoting F-Secure (my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit).

https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings is routed to https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get to Web Safe settings. Loops back to my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit

Good morning @Ominus 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with accessing the web safe settings. 

Are you looking to turn this off?  I can get do that for you if needed? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos
Ominus
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't get to Web Safe settings. Loops back to my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit

Hi,

not helpful, I want to be able to use the settings option. Not have to ask someone else to do it.

Are you saying that the web page link won't be fixed?

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Ominus,

No issues that we are aware off.

Have you tried in a different browser or cleared cookies/cache?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ominus
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

of course I have - your marketing redirection has broken the link.

As to 'no issues that you are aware of'. Try doing a 'web safe' search in the forum and you will find lots of people with the same issue.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ominus, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies for the frustration this is causing. 

There are no known issues for what you are describing. There may be a small handful of customers having what appears to be the same issue however more often than not, it will differ. 

We're not having an issues when trying to replicate the problem so are unable to offer more of an insight in to this. If you would like the Web Safe settings changed, let us know as this can be a work around for now. 

You may also benefit from performing a PIN hole reset on the Hub to see if this gets things working again. Just bear in mind this would reset everything. All devices would need to be re-connected to the WiFi. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ominus
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

then you need to include it as a known issue. This is occurring on ANY network that I have tried it on and with ANY device and ANY browser.

Given the lack of interest that I am being met with on this issue I have elected to have my new location broadband provided by another ISP. Not to be stuck with a similar potential issue with them I have build a Pfsense server using Squid for proxying and SquidGuard for filtering, connectivity from client devices through Wireless Access Points on a switch to the server and the ISP router simply acting as a WAN gateway.

I was only interested in Virgin Media Web Safe to assess if it was up to the job of providing a 'safe' environment for the new location. The answer has been a resounding no.

Guess what - I know something about networks and internet!

Thanks, for nothing.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ominus, 

I am sorry you are leaving, 

We do have an interest we are asking these questions to try and help as if we do need to raise an IT ticket,

As we have tried to replicate this issue and cannot get the same outcome. If you wish for us to continue looking into this please let us know 

Zoie

0 Kudos