cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t change password

Cajano
Joining in

Have changed password on Virginmedia to strong one but this is not showing in iPad passwords and I have no complete password as it is partially obscured when setting up.

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Cajano,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with changing your password, Have you been able to get this resolved since your last post?

If not, is the password that you're attempting to use longer than 8 characters and have special characters in it?

I ask this as they are the password restrictions that we have in place at the moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

I have just signed in using the App so obviously the password hasn’t changed. Thank you for the info regarding 8 characters and symbols. The iPad generates weird passwords, the end of which fades out so, you can’t see it except in Passwords. I probably need to change it again manually as the present one may be compromised..

Thank you for your help.

Hi @Cajano,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that we've been able to address and resolve this.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

rncross
On our wavelength

I see you are still recommending people use unsafe password lengths.This is a complete embarrassment to go against industry standard practices. Your systems are fundamentally unsafe and insecure when you enforce such practices. We should be able to use e.g. 32 character passwords with no restrictions on the character set