cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 052 1251

tom-t
Dialled in

Keep receiving calls from this number perporting to be from Virgin Media.

They then ask me to confirm security questions to which my reply has been sorry no - you called me so not divulging that information.

Is this a genuine Virgin Media number as they seem very put out when I refuse to answer the security questions and a few times the caller getting a bit aggresive?

286 REPLIES 286

Thanks for coming back to us @DerbyGig and sorry for your experience, if you have a record of when the call happened, I can check on our system to see if any agents were in your account around the time of the call. Would you like me to do that for you?

Regards,

Steven_L

I find it hard to believe that this is  Virgin Media call as they insist on calling me on my mobile, which is NOT registered on my Virgin account and cannot answer my simple security questions.

I have marked this number as spam but they still keep calling and leaving blank voicemail messages.

Hi @CroninJ thanks for your reply.

I do sincerely apologise for this - you should be able to block the number on your device itself and this should see the calls stop comingthrough to your device.

Many thanks

Tom_W

DerbyGig
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply Steve, i dont have a record unfortunately but I have noted the number for future.

roboca
Joining in

After searching the number on Google, I discovered a slew of complaints, with the majority of customers being asked for personal information. So it's possible that a scammer is using a spoof call to pose as a Virgin Media representative.

https://scamdialer.com/complaint/warning-spoof-call-from-08000521251/

Hi roboca,

I can confirm this is a genuine Virgin Media number used for sales purposes.

You can update your marketing preferences via My Virgin Media under 'My Profile > 'My Preferences.

You may also find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fraudulent-calls.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

AndyR98
Tuning in

I've had several calls from this number I  the last week or so.  If its genuine,  can I ask what the purpose is?  I only signed a discounted renewal of my package a few months ago which still has more than a year to run.  I also have a very good mobile deal signed about the same time.

I've had to ignore the calls until today because I was busy.  Today I answres to a woman who sounded Indian saying VM wanted to check up on a loyal customer.  She knew my name and exactly how long I had been a customer of VM.  She was about to start on security questions but the line disconnected.

Can someone at VM tell me (a) if this call was genuine and if so (b) what the purpose was, since I've only recently signed an 18 month deal

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AndyR98,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've received some unwanted calls from this number.

As my colleague advised before, this is a genuine Virgin Media number. This number is for our Marketing team and they may have contacted you about a package upgrade or a new deal that was available to you.

If you don't want to receive calls like this in the future, you can amend your Marketing Preferences on your online account under My Profile and then by clicking on My Preferences.

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance, please get in touch.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I refuse to believe that this is not a fraudulent number. DON'T TRUST THIS MODERATOR COMMENT.

I have been receiving 2-3 calls a day, in which the caller is seriously trying to sell things. 
I had blocked the number months ago but i still get notified of blocked calls coming through. They tend to go all the way to voicemail and leave a silent message. I find it incredibly unusual that it is silent actually, because every time I have been on call with the actual Virgin Media, they've been in a busy call centre. When I have picked up the phone, they don't always speak either.. and that classic scam caller BEEP comes after a Hello. I tried calling the number back and it's that classic "sales team calling, we will try you another time". So it really seems legit..

I had told them to leave me alone on more than one occasion to no avail. 
The caller i once spoke to also seemed to know about my account with you guys and was simply trying to sell upgrades to my current broadband plan. 

This moderator comment is extremely harmful to customers if it is false info! Anyone could give details to this number after reading this thinking it is all ok. 
IF IT IS VIRGIN, I am appalled at this strange and dodgy behaviour from the sales team. It is harassment! and not a good look. I will genuinely leave the service if i receive any more of these. 

--I spoke with customer services on the phone today who would not let me read them the number but confirmed they don't have any calls to me on record. --

I am 100% percent sure these are fraudulent calls. 

After receiving more than 10 calls in a month I decided to pick up and listen to what they'll say. They offered me a ridiculous package that is too good to be true, when I said I wasn't interested the man continued to try to convince me and asking me for bank details.

The problem I have with this is that they knew my name and that I am a customer of VM. I am beginning to question how they have my data and my information. Has there been a data breach that we haven't been made aware of?