cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 052 1251

tom-t
Dialled in

Keep receiving calls from this number perporting to be from Virgin Media.

They then ask me to confirm security questions to which my reply has been sorry no - you called me so not divulging that information.

Is this a genuine Virgin Media number as they seem very put out when I refuse to answer the security questions and a few times the caller getting a bit aggresive?

286 REPLIES 286

CHRIS210
On our wavelength

All this thread does is keep someone employed to occasionally post a reply generally saying "Sorry" & "I'll pass your comments on".

This thread has been going now for two and a half years. And Virgin Media have done absolutely nothing about it that I have seen or heard about? and if they say they have, it obviously isn't working.

Just thinking the same! Pretty sure it's over 18 months since I added my complaint to the list and people are still being bothered by this number. I've ported my number to a different provider.

heather97
Tuning in

Been getting calls from this number 4 to 6 times a day for the last week on both my mobile and my landline. Seems to happen every few moths and goes on like this for weeks. As this seems to have been going on for the last 2 years and nothing has been done about it i'm guessing Virgin don't really care. If this happens again i'll be cancelling all my Virgin products and changing to Sky despite being with Virgin since it was NTL in 2006. so many a calls a day is overkill

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Lee-SX

Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay in response, we've been very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

Sorry to hear you're receiving calls from us, that main number would be our marketing team. If you head here and log in you'll be able to update your marketing preferences, and this would stop any official VM marketing calls. 

If the others are coming through as spam calls you can see more on this here and here

Please let me know if you need any further help and we'll go from there. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @ynysygwas 

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry for the delay in response, we have been very busy this month and doing all we can to get to each post ASAP. 

I'm sorry to hear you're getting calls from the marketing team. Do you still have any active VM services now? 

Let me know and I'll do my best to help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @heather97 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. I'm sorry for the delay in our response, we have been extremely busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

If you are getting calls from this number it is our marketing team. If you head here you'll be able to opt out of marketing and we won't contact you further on the sales front. 

Please let me know if you need any further help and I'll do my best. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

I have absolutely the same issue. I use VM broadband only. I cannot find marketing preferences in my profile. The link you provided does not work. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

dsimm,

Providing you've registered for My Virgin Media, which most people do for online billing etc, then the link provided by Hollie_B should work.

If you use Hollies link then when you are signed in click on My Profile in the navigation area, then in the dropdown My Preferences

The direct link to where you can change your marketing preferences is https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/my-preferences 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dsimm

Thanks for joining in on this post, 

sorry to hear you're having the same issues, I can try and guide you manually. 

If you click onto your virgin media account and then click on your profile section, there should be a little section called "my preferences" there are some options which allow you to opt out of marketing. 

If you have any issues navigating this, please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

ynysygwas
Dialled in

They just phoned my mobile again today! I answered but nobody there. THESE PEOPLE ARE ANNOYING. THEY ARE IGNORING MY CHOSEN PREFERENCES.THE CALLS ARE UNSOLICITED. VIRGIN HAS DONE NOTHING ABOUT THEM. This has gone on for years.

I am now out of contract so I guess that is why they now think I need a new contract with VirginMobile. I don't. If anything I will be switching to a different provider just to stop these ****** calls!