cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 052 1251

tom-t
Dialled in

Keep receiving calls from this number perporting to be from Virgin Media.

They then ask me to confirm security questions to which my reply has been sorry no - you called me so not divulging that information.

Is this a genuine Virgin Media number as they seem very put out when I refuse to answer the security questions and a few times the caller getting a bit aggresive?

286 REPLIES 286

Thanks for the update itscraigs, if you need us further please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob

i've already had 5 calls in 2 days since my last post!!!

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi itscraigs,

Thank you for getting back to us. It sounds like someone may have incorrectly provided your number instead of their own contact details. We can certainly look into this for you.

I'll send you a private message now to confirm a few details, please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond.

Thanks,

Rachael

Majork34
On our wavelength

just had a call from this number stating from Virgin Media, asking me to confirm my name.

I then asked how they can confirm from Virgin Media and they just hung up! 

So if this IS a legitimate Virgin Media Sales call, you REALLY need to sort out your telephone manner and be nicer to your customers...

So was enjoying a sleep after night shift. Not only did they call my mobile but my landline today and woke me up repeatedly. 

I have to keep the phones on as I need to be contactable as the kids are at school. 

I really don’t want calls unless I am being offered a discount or money off. I don’t want half price sky or sports for 12 months and haven’t done for years. 

at this rate I will just move to Sky and save money. 

Sorry that the team have called you ink an inconvenient moment. Would you be able to check your marketing preferences on your online account to see if they are showing as you allow calls from our sales and marketing teams.

If this hasn't been done, please amend your account to show to reject the calls, this can take up to 30 days for you to be removed from the list, in the meantime it maybe better to block the calls on your mobile to prevent anymore calls.

Regards

Steven_L

galthop
Joining in

I had a call from this number today and they offered me a good deal which I accepted. They said the upgrade can take up to a day but might be as quick as an hour.

It turns out I was lied to. When they called earlier I was offered, and accepted, a new contract at £30 a month.

I just got an email saying it is £60 a month. I called 150 from my landline and got it cancelled but I know these sales calls are supposed to be recorded so who can I call to make an official complaint?

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your post Galthop and sorry to hear of the confusion with your new package deal. 

Did you confirm with the team prior to cancelling this that the pricing was for £60 monthly? 

As in some cases when we input the deal into our system this sends an automated email with the base price of the package, but is then updated with the correct pricing. 

If you'd like to query this please contact our retention's team on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 as this team can also go through other offers available to you if needed, which may include this pricing you were initially offered. 

Thank you, Emily.

This phone number is complete **bleep**e. Phoning it back was an answering machine said its ok, we will contact you again. They been phoning me for 2 weeks 1-4 days a day after a text from "VirginMedia" said we will contact you in the next few days about updating my contract. I finally dialed 789 on my mobile and "VIRGIN" told me that is not one of their numbers and gave me a list of 3 which this number didn't include this. I have now blocked this number from my phone. Screw them, if their own real number doesn't recognise one of their own or this is a scam number as they ACTUALLY told me it might be, it is not a number they recognised either, wth. If it is real it's one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Number blocked for good.