cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 052 1251

tom-t
Dialled in

Keep receiving calls from this number perporting to be from Virgin Media.

They then ask me to confirm security questions to which my reply has been sorry no - you called me so not divulging that information.

Is this a genuine Virgin Media number as they seem very put out when I refuse to answer the security questions and a few times the caller getting a bit aggresive?

286 REPLIES 286

tfuuk
Joining in

Hello.

I received a call from this number today, and it seemed a little dubious to me at first but they were offering a decent upgrade offer. I checked the number on the web, saw this forum and felt comfortable that it was legit so I carried on. They asked me to confirm a couple of items for identity purposes (DoB and email address), which they then claimed did not match what they had. At that point I terminated the call and called Virgin myself. 

The agent I spoke to claimed this was a scam, and that this number itself is not a virgin number.

Is this genuine or not? Do I need to start worrying about my details. Feeling a little bit suckered in and silly at this point

Regards

Jon

Hello tfuuk

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention

As we only have limited account access on here 

I am able to confirm the number is our Outbound Sales Team

If you wish for me to remove you from this list then please let me know 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth, thanks for letting me know

I guess it just lets me breathe a little easier. But how come the agent I spoke to when I called, suggested that it was a scam. She claimed she could not see anything in the call logs to suggest I had been contacted. 

And how come the outbound sales team had my details wrong?

And how do I get my upgrade for £5? 😀

Jon

Hi tfuuk

To be honest I would not be able to answer that 

We have no access to the process and systems they use 

It would be good to gain some knowledge around this though.

What we can assure you off, is your details are secure, 

If you do ever need to call us again, please make sure everything is updated 

Gareth_L

Isn't it possible for a scammer to spoof the number and then try to obtain details like d.o.b. and address etc.? Some TV programs suggest that sort of thing happens when people think they have been called by their bank.

How are we to know that the 0800 052 1251 showing on the caller ID really is from the real 0800 052 1251 Virgin mobile sales team?

Isn't this reason enough to dismantle the current sales team and start again with a new number and only contact the people who haven't opted out of being contacted?

fmac2
On our wavelength

I have had numerous calls from this number over the last three days. I have already responded to a text declining the sales calls and after multiple calls blocked the number on my phone - but they're still getting through. No message left. Definitely harassing. 

Hello fmac2

When did you request to stop the calls by text 

Gareth_L

fmac2
On our wavelength

But calls continued after I texted to opt out and had a reply to confirm that. 

fmac2
On our wavelength

On Tuesday.

Thanks for replying fmac2

Opting out can take upto 28 days 

Gareth_L