cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 052 1251

tom-t
Dialled in

Keep receiving calls from this number perporting to be from Virgin Media.

They then ask me to confirm security questions to which my reply has been sorry no - you called me so not divulging that information.

Is this a genuine Virgin Media number as they seem very put out when I refuse to answer the security questions and a few times the caller getting a bit aggresive?

286 REPLIES 286

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Courtney7201, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you're still having contact from our team. I would like to send you a private message to look into this. 

Cheers. 

Bullwilko
Joining in

I’ve been receiving calls from this number, usually two or three per week, I’m unable to answer during the day due to work and they don’t leave a message. I’ve even blocked the number but they still get through. I do not need any marketing calls from Virgin, in fact my contact preferences say not to contact me via text or call. 

Good luck on having blocked the number, I did that a fortnight ago and they still get through!!

David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bullwilko

Thank you for visiting our community forum pages and for taking the time to post.

We're sorry for any inconvenience which may have been caused.

Once the marketing preferences on your account have been adjusted it may take up to 28 days for this to become effective.

We apologise for any disappointment in the meantime.

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

apperley
Just joined

Hi

I am getting dozens and dozens of calls from this number, both on landline and mobile, at all times of the day and night.  There are no messages left just silent calls.  In pure frustration I answered one the other day and waited for the call to be connected and told the person on the other to stop calling and leaving silent calls as it was getting beyond a joke and becoming harrassment.  They are still happening.  I have now been on my account and updated my preferences again.  Just please please make them stop as it is getting that I wont answer my phone. 

Hi apperley, 

Thanks for your post and welcome.

I'm sorry to hear that you're also been receiving these calls. 

As you've now updated your preferences on your online account, these will be stopped within 28 days.

Thanks

Melissa 

I wouldn't bank on the calls stopping after you updated your preferences.

It made no difference to the times they kept calling me. The calls  only stopped after I upgraded my phone contract (my own choice, nothing to do with the sales team).

It appeared they kept calling as long as it was possible I might respond to whatever survey or information they provide by buying something with their help and, presumably, get them some commission! They aren't breaking TPS law because they aren't trying to sell anything, only providing information or conducting a survey. 

I complained about these antics many many moons ago but clearly nobody at VM has done anything to stop it. Perhaps it's time BBC Watchdog was asked to look into the way VM is ignoring its customers pleas for help!

Just checked when I first complained about calls from this number.

It was over 6 months ago! 20 March 2019 and others have been complaining since 2018! This is disgraceful behaviour by VirginMobile sales and customer service.

I get calls from this number 2 - 3 times a day now - it's bordering on harrassment!

Southernpuck
Tuning in
The issue I have with these calls, is they won't leave a voicemail message, saying who they are. The call, and if you don't answer, they hang up.