cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 052 1251

tom-t
Dialled in

Keep receiving calls from this number perporting to be from Virgin Media.

They then ask me to confirm security questions to which my reply has been sorry no - you called me so not divulging that information.

Is this a genuine Virgin Media number as they seem very put out when I refuse to answer the security questions and a few times the caller getting a bit aggresive?

286 REPLIES 286

Hi ZeroZero,

Unfortunately I won't be able to help further, you can call our customer services who will be able to look further into this.

Kind regards

Paul.

@ZeroZero

An email to Virgin's DPO department will usually get it sorted, mention if it's calls from the Broardband side, mobile side or both, their reply can take a while though.

dpo@virginmedia.co.uk  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-mobile-personal-details

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

davidm_uk
On our wavelength

I've just started getting these calls (from 0800 052 1251) on my mobile (not VM). Coincidentally I had a fault on my VM landline a few weeks ago, and had to give them my mobile number for the engineer to contact me. It's a newish mobile number that they have never had before, so they must have obtained as a result of this fault call. I had opted out of marketing calls a long time ago, but when I looked after reading this thread, it had been reset! I've now set it again.

[Edit] and I've now blocked that number on my mobile!

clive104
Tuning in

Received yet another call from this number. At the outset I asked were they trying to sell me something and they were. Virgin need to manage these compulsive tactics. I need to reduce my monthly payments not increase them. The most annoying part about this is THEY ask for your security details when they have rung you. The caller stated she could not make any changes to my account but offered me  SKY CINEMA half price how could she do that ? Come on Virgin get to grips with your selling tactics. 

Been getting a few calls from this number, I am not interested in What they are offering. And IF and when I want something I will either Do it via the VM account or just phone. Is there a way of opting out of marketing calls that doesn't involve calling the call centre? I find them hard to understand. The Phone Audio quality is poor when they phone, and their English accent are so hard to understand at times that I must ask them to repeat themselves several times.  Please can someone just help stop these calls to me.   

@F1TeamLH wrote:

Is there a way of opting out of marketing calls that doesn't involve calling the call centre? Please can someone just help stop these calls to me.   

You can do it via my virgin media https://my.virginmedia.com/home/index  My Profile >> My Preferences

Thanks, will try that

I've done than before, and still in a day I get 2 calls for New offers of TV packages such as sky sports.
In the last 2 months i must have got a dozen calls

It's only too obvious that Virgin Media are ignoring the marketing preferences set by their customers. 

Use the GDPR Regulations in place to prevent marketing calls. See post #96 in this thread for more information.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

My preferences are set to "no phone contact - online only" and I'm still getting calls from this number, it's pretty harassing and the virgin store people can't help, any ideas? Kinda pointless asking for consent if it's happening whether you like it or not.