cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 052 1251

tom-t
Dialled in

Keep receiving calls from this number perporting to be from Virgin Media.

They then ask me to confirm security questions to which my reply has been sorry no - you called me so not divulging that information.

Is this a genuine Virgin Media number as they seem very put out when I refuse to answer the security questions and a few times the caller getting a bit aggresive?

286 REPLIES 286

Thank you Lindsey for the help you have given to me via PM.
Sure all sorted now.
Many thanks. .

Lindsey_C
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

You're more than welcome littleme1.

Just remember, if you need any help in future, we are always happy to help 🙂

Thanks

Lindsey_C

Hi Lindsey

Please can you advise how we can stop the marketing phone calls?

Many thanks.

Hi Andyj00,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I can confirm this is a genuine Virgin Media number used for sales purposes.

Existing customers can update their marketing preferences via My Virgin Media under 'My Profile' > 'My Preferences'.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Paul

"Re: Calls from 0800 052 1251

Hi Andyj00,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I can confirm this is a genuine Virgin Media number used for sales purposes.

Existing customers can update their marketing preferences via My Virgin Media under 'My Profile' > 'My Preferences'.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Paul"

As this and several other threads have pointed out. and as I said in my opriginal post this does NOT help. Setting these preferences does not block these calls which are in breach of the law. Moderators should escalate this and stop telling falsehoods to customers. I got these calls when  my prefs were already set.

Hi ZeroZero,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, what numbers are calling you and are they calling on your landline or mobile.

Kind regards

Paul.

It's not what numbers I am calling it's YOUR marketing team calling ME AND  asking for my ID over the phone, REFUSING to discuss the reason for the call unti l the ID is handed over. It could be ANYONE, just harvesting my ID. this is despite my preferences being set to no calls. Read the thread

Hi Andy,

Thank you for that, I would like to look into this I would like to invite you into a private chat so AI can get your account details and look into this for you.

I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

No. Its not only me it is everyone there are other threads. I have spent enough time on this

Hi Zero Zero,

Sorry for the confusion.

Thank you for that, I would like to look into this I would like to invite you into a private chat so AI can get your account details and look into this for you.

I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.