cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 052 1251

tom-t
Dialled in

Keep receiving calls from this number perporting to be from Virgin Media.

They then ask me to confirm security questions to which my reply has been sorry no - you called me so not divulging that information.

Is this a genuine Virgin Media number as they seem very put out when I refuse to answer the security questions and a few times the caller getting a bit aggresive?

286 REPLIES 286

@David_Bn wrote:

Thanks for your post ynysygwas,

Have you made changes to your marketing preferences via your self care account?

This is what you need to do to opt out of these phone calls coming through to you, the process can take up to 30 days to complete but that is the solution to the problem.

David_Bn

Can honestly say, having the preferences set to No, does not stop this number from ringing for mobile sales calls/texts 😞

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

My settings have been set to not receive marketing calls by sms, email or phone for years and they have not been changed.

Having to reply again as my last post got swamped by pop up adverts from VM and I must have pressed send as all the Windows were flying about. My preferences have been se r for years but are recently being completely ignored. The question is why, and how can I stop this nuisance.

I did attempt to answer the call but there is never any one there. It must be an automated dialer. 

If I  call the number I know this sales team will argue that I called them this proving i want to be contacted Ted by them. 

The auto correct is being a pain in trying to construct this post too! I do not want to contact ted!

Change the number in your profile to your home number? Possibly that might be beneficial.  

On a separate note, enjoy Keflavik airport (I’m not sure if you’re there now or not). I’ve spent quite a few hours there over the years. I like that fact that it’s so small, although it can get busy!

@weegiekiwi wrote:

Change the number in your profile to your home number? Possibly that might be beneficial.  

On a separate note, enjoy Keflavik airport (I’m not sure if you’re there now or not). I’ve spent quite a few hours there over the years. I like that fact that it’s so small, although it can get busy!

The least numbers they know, is best.

Any number you have used to contact Virgin is stored, these sales calls come through on every number they have stored 😞

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

It's not actually a profile number. It's my virgin mobile phone number so VM have got it anyway. It seems clear they have just given one of their sales teams a databank of mobile numbers to play with, regardless of the marketing preferences. I don't put my phone numbers in any profile as I don't want to be phoned by various sales people.

I'm having fun watching the weather change from sunny to snow blizzard to sunny and back again every quarter of an hour. How dare people make fun of the lovely Welsh weather I'm used to!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My preferences are set to no marketing too but they've been bombarding me with calls for weeks because my contract ends next week.  I don't seem to be able to block calls on Xperia but I just marked the number as Virgin Media Sales Ignore - and ignore it.

ynysygwas
Dialled in

I have not been called by this number for over a month now!

Whilst it would be nice to think they took note and decided to observe my preferences, it is more likely because a few weeks ago I ordered a new contract phone deal, on the virgin mobile web site through my mobile account. The sales team clearly now have no reason to pester me as there is no longer any commission for them to earn!

Some of us just prefer to decide for ourselves when to buy something. In my case it is when I donate my old phone to a friend or relative.

Hi ynysygwas, 

Thanks for messging us. 

Have you updated your marketing preferences online?

Kind regards 

Chris