cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 052 1251

tom-t
Dialled in

Keep receiving calls from this number perporting to be from Virgin Media.

They then ask me to confirm security questions to which my reply has been sorry no - you called me so not divulging that information.

Is this a genuine Virgin Media number as they seem very put out when I refuse to answer the security questions and a few times the caller getting a bit aggresive?

286 REPLIES 286

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, quite. I said earlier in the discussion I'm dubious it's genuine, and that still sounds the most plausible to me.

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Bobertie,

Welcome to our community forums, I have just checked that number from our end, it seems it is our sales team.

Thanks Joe_F

I also have these calls ,one was today from this number,also from different numbers saying they are virgin, I am getting sick of them.if  l wanted anything l wounld get in touch my self. I am sure I opted out of these calls but I am going to check .

Had yet another call from this number today. That's was the 4th one in a week. Luckily this time it didn't wake me up, but I was at work and got glared at by my boss because my phone was ringing. I have told yous multiple times to not contact me and to delete my number as I do not have any virgin accounts or services. Tempted to submit a proper complaint because this is just getting stupid now. Not going to sign up for any virgin service ever if this is the way that business is conducted.

Rubix78
Joining in

Had another call today, 3rd this month. Told the person that I had spoken to customer service and they said it wasnt a virgin number. The woman still continued as if nothing was said trying to sell me a mobile plan. I told her again that I had already spoken to someone when I called last week about mobiles and wasnt interested in what she had to say. She continued anyway asking if I wanted data anywhere for £5. I told her I was going and yet she didn’t stop until I told her for another time I wasn’t interested. She knew my full name

if its a spam account I wonder how she got my name and knew I was with virgin. If its a real account I am disappointed in Virgins customer service and sales techniques 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Graham_A wrote:

@tom-t wrote:

The password question is the one I object to the most. After all they have called us on the number given in our contact details. This means they know who they are calling but we don't know for sure who is calling us

But they don't know if the person answering the phone call is the account holder.  How would you suggest they ascertain that the person answering the call is the authorised account holder?

You do know that asking for a password is classic phishing behaviour?    Virgin Media should not be doing this.  

cocospooky
Joining in

Been getting calls from this number regularly over the past few weeks, Even my phone shows it as 'Spam' in writing under the number, so it must be popular.. 

I could block it, but am leaving it to build up in my call log for when my official complaint goes in. 

I’ve had 17 calls from this number to my mobile, which isn’t a virgin phone.

This morning I went into the virgin store in town and spoke to an assistant about it.

He said it is not a Virginmedia number and they are scammers. He then blocked the number on my phone.

I received 2 separate calls from this number today. The first time they said they were from Sky, offering Mobile deals; the second time they claimed to be Virgin!

When I announced my dissatisfaction with them (Virgin) calling me after 3 recent calls in the past month or so, he abruptly left without any shred of politeness.

Definite scam, although it feels legit at first.

Hi @cougarric and thanks for your comment,

As I've confirmed in earlier in this thread, this is a legitimate Virgin Media outbound number which we use for sales purposes.

I'm very sorry for the experience when we called you. If you'd prefer not to receive marketing from us you can update your preferences on My Virgin Media here: https://virg.in/myVM under 'My Profile' > 'My Preferences'.

Best,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules