cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from a mobile to offer a better deal

lesleyandrufus
Tuning in

Hello, I am in the process of leaving Virgin and yesterday I received a call from a mobile number asking if they could offer me a deal to keep me with Virgin as I've been a customer for a long time (since NTL days). He said I would receive an email to confirm details. Is this a scam? Definitely seems too good to be true.  

Thanks for any help,

Lesley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, had several emails today, ending contract, sorry to see you go and here's your new contract! Contract is everything the agent said so I am happily staying with Virgin 😄
Thanks for getting back to me
Lesley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If VM have any outbound retentions agents working from home or using their own mobiles, it's entirely possible this is genuine.

Personally, I'd like to think outbound retentions use "presentation number" caller-ID so as to call "from" a recognised VM contact number. It's not an infallible system, but it would go a long way to reassure customers and deter casual scammers.

Whether they do or not, I don't know.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply, if there is no email by tomorrow I shall phone Virgin and ask. He did mention working from home that's why he was using a mobile number, as a rule I never answer unknown numbers but was waiting for a call from a garage. I hope it is legit as would save me £20 😄

Thanks again

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lesleyandrufus, 

Thank you for your post. 

We do have agents working from home in this setup - agents do have caller ID but sometimes little hiccups do happen which seems to be the case here with the number being present. 

Just to confirm, was a package agreed and completed on this call? 

Cheers, 

Ryan.

Hello, had several emails today, ending contract, sorry to see you go and here's your new contract! Contract is everything the agent said so I am happily staying with Virgin 😄
Thanks for getting back to me
Lesley