cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from Jason about retentions

db196503
Joining in

I have just had a call from number 0330 303 5302. I am downgrading my package to broadband only. Jason called me to offer a new reduced package. Just wanted to check this is a genuine call and not a scam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did "Jason" volunteer any account-specific information that only a VM employee would have known? Or did he just give the usual spammer-spiel?

Did this call occur after you'd spoken to an inbound retentions agent?

You could try calling VM back on the usual number and see if there's any notes on your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Did "Jason" volunteer any account-specific information that only a VM employee would have known? Or did he just give the usual spammer-spiel?

Did this call occur after you'd spoken to an inbound retentions agent?

You could try calling VM back on the usual number and see if there's any notes on your account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

He did know some information about the account.  How much I was paying, how many TV boxes etc. I just wanted to check as the deal offered was pretty good. I will call VM on the normal number as you suggested.

Thanks

asim18
Fibre optic

Sometimes they are scammers who give fake deals because last time I got a call from a Virgin Salesman he was supposed to enter £29 on his keyboard but he entered £58 instead. Was a rigmarole trying to get them to sort it out after.

Make sure you get them to save notes about the deal and ask their permission to record the phone call. Also take down the exact start time and end time of the call.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @db196503,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

Have you received any confirmation of what was discussed? This seems to be an O2 phone number not a Virgin one.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes, I called Virgin on the normal number they confirmed what was discussed had been added to the notes on my account.  I later received a call from the 0330 number to set up the new account. The new plan is split with payment to O2 for the sim card and payment to Virgin for the TV/Broadband/Landline element of the deal.

HI db196503, I am happy to hear that this was all resolved for you and that it has been all set up. Please let us know if you need anything further. ^Chris