cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from +8001836408

ianchild
Tuning in

I keep getting calls from this number. I think it maybe Virgin but the fact it starts +800 instead of 0800 is concerning me so I dont answer it. Is this a genuine call from Virgin?

43 REPLIES 43

Hi Tabber and Ianchild,

Thank you for reaching out to us in out community, I can assure you this is indeed a scam and we are aware of this and it is being investigated.

Regards

Paul.

@Paul_DN wrote:

Hi Tabber and Ianchild,

Thank you for reaching out to us in out community, I can assure you this is indeed a scam and we are aware of this and it is being investigated.

Regards

Paul.

Maybe Virgin should shut down their constant Outbound Sales calls from +8001836 - 403 - 408 - 411 & 416 untill the investigation is over and things have been sorted. There is no way us customers are going to know which calls are actually Virgin or the Scammers?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

@tabber wrote:

I just had the same call, from the number starting +800. The lady had a very thick Indian accent, said she could offer me a free hub 4, and to confirm the first line of my address. When I said I would like to phone the virgin number myself to confirm this was genuine, she said she needed to call me back personally. I could barely hear her anyway. 

So was this a genuine call? Or a scam caller faking the number?

The number is one of Virgin's offshore numbers, Virgin are also dishing out Hub 4's to random customers

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/10/virgin-media-uk-offering-free-upgrades-to-hub-4-router...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

Hi, sounds familiar, I changed my package with Virgin last week, Contacted through there web site , Know I’ve had this number call 3 times, Even stranger, my phone doesn’t ring with this number, Definitely something not right

An old thread I know but I just received a call from the same number : 0800 183 6408.

It wasn't a good line and the lady on the other end had a very heavy Indian accent that I could barely understand her. She wanted to know if I wanted to change my services.

I instantly abruptly ended the call as I wasn't confident the call was genuine......

This number called me today but was silent, looks like this hasnt been delt with yet.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi SkeeterUK, 

thanks for your post, have you blocked the number? 

Zoie

Still keep getting calls from this number stating they are virgin media asking security questions... I hang up but I'm concern for others

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kazandkara

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are still receiving unwanted calls from this number. Thank you for remaining vigilant and for not giving out and personal information.

Have you reported the number to: Action Fraud and virg.in/reportspam?

Kind regards,

Serena

I haven't reported but I will do that now thank you