cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from +8001836408

ianchild
Tuning in

I keep getting calls from this number. I think it maybe Virgin but the fact it starts +800 instead of 0800 is concerning me so I dont answer it. Is this a genuine call from Virgin?

43 REPLIES 43

Hi jg666,

I am sorry for the frustration in this I appreciate you would still like to see offers ETC via email but no calls, I am sorry this isn't an option at the moment, you can still find any offers available to you via my virgin media.

Kind regards

Paul.

jg666
On our wavelength

It's a very poor showing from Virgin on this matter if we're honest about it. They could also be missing out on more business from people who are sick and tired of these nuisance calls from abroad and so have stopped all communications.

I have fed this back for you, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Paul.

jg666
On our wavelength

Thanks. Mind you, the worst thing about Virgin security in my opinion is the rule about passwords for user accounts. The last time I tried to change my passwords on my email accounts I could only enter something starting with a letter, maximum 10 characters long and no special characters. How poor is that!

Hi Jg666,

Ensuring customer data is secure is of utmost importance to us and we continually invest in our security systems to keep our customers safe online.
In common with every other company, our login process requires customers to use unique passwords, you can find out more here .

Kind regards

Paul. 

jg666
On our wavelength

The problem I have is that the Virgin system doesn’t allow me to use mu usual level of secure passwords that I can use for any other site I have to use passwords. Virgin is the only company that restricts me to only 10 characters and no special characters. 

Blocked number as suggested now getting calls from +800 1836 416

@ianchild said "Blocked number as suggested now getting calls from +800 1836 416"

They are both Virgin's offshore sales numbers, blocking the first one would mean their auto dialler would automatically try on the second one. You'll need to block both 😞

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.

See earlier post from one of the virgin team they say that thwor numbers should not appear as +800. 

Always used to show as 0800 for International Freephone numbers, but the newer format showing as +800 has been getting more common over the last few months. 

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/008001836403

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.