cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from 0121 number

Button2805
Joining in

Just received a call from someone called Jenny stating she was from Virgin Media. I immediately hung up. The number her call came from was [REMOVED]. I've had calls from 0121 number before saying they were from virgin media, there was a problem with my broadband and needed details of all my devices linked to the broadband. At that I said, im not experiencing any issues, im not giving you any details, if I experience any problems, I'll contact virgin media and I hung up. After that, I called Virgin Media who confirmed they would never call and no call had been made by them. Please watch out. Whoever these people are they can be quite relentless. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for being vigilant Button2805 - did the caller this time advise what the reason for their call was?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I received a similar call both yesterday and today from a similar number.

An Indian-sounding man claiming to be Alex from the Virgin Media Technical Department. 

Yesterday he asked "how are you" and hung up when I said "not so well".

Today he said "you are having problems with your broadband? Sometimes fast and sometimes slow?" I said "no it's fine" and he hung up again.

If they call again I'll put on an old lady voice and pretend it's all very complicated to try to waste as much of their time as possible.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@sirpurple wrote:

<snip>

If they call again I'll put on an old lady voice and pretend it's all very complicated to try to waste as much of their time as possible.

You probably wouldn't be doing yourself any favours by stringing them along.

When you answer and talk to them, you simply confirm the line is working and a real person on the line is willing to engage with the scammers and talk to them. They will just keep phoning back in the hope they get to talk to someone else who might be taken in by the scam.

Hang up immediately and don't talk to them is the best approach.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Button2805, thanks for posting.

You can find info around the best way to handle these types of call via the website: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fraudulent-calls

Thanks for being vigilant. 

Tom