cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Boost offer, £6? Legit?

Charlo73
Joining in

Hi all,

Has anyone else had this email offering a broadband boost to the next level for £6?

Is it legit? I clicked the ‘boost now’ and tried to take up the offer, I received an email telling me I would receive another email in a couple of days to confirm the order. No such email received, no boost applied. Now it’s past the ‘offer expiry date’ so I’ve rang to change my account password and query this email, and they suggest it may have been a scam, yet told me that the email address of the sender was valid. Can anyone shine a light on this at all?

94C70148-E9D7-457A-A88E-BBCED9C5E85E.jpeg

85E6AE3C-9A22-49A4-8BC8-9EDA5076B7AA.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm new one on me. Although the email address on the face of it is legitimate it might have been spoofed. 

Volt is the main boost offer and there is no £6 fee https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-o2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm new one on me. Although the email address on the face of it is legitimate it might have been spoofed. 

Volt is the main boost offer and there is no £6 fee https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-o2

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Charlo73,

Sorry to hear about this online order issue.

In order to be able to help with this I will PM you now, so we can have a look.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just to make it clear, I’m not giving any account details in a PM. I don’t care if you are staff or not.

All I wanted to know was - was this a genuine bona-fide VM offer to boost broadband from M100 to M200 for £6 per month or not. 

1. If it’s legit, the offer has expired and I’ve missed it now anyway, since I didn’t get the email I was told I’d get;

2. No service upgrade took place;

3. If it’s a scam, I’ve already secured my account and reset my password.

4. If it’s a legit offer, then VM hasn’t actioned my request, or [MOD EDIT: Language] it up somewhere.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Charlo73, thank you so much for your time today. 
I hope all goes well and you won't need more help but happy to offer it if you need to. Have a great weekend 🙂

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs