cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bogus Phone Scam

wrights
Joining in

I keep getting phone calls on my landline from individuals with a strong Indian accent claiming to be from Virgin Media who tell me I have a security issue with my router.  Whilst I am 100% sure this is not virgin media and I quite enjoy stringing them along for a while before telling them where to go I am struggling to find an easy way to report this to Virgin Media.  Any ideas?  Could a moderator for this chat please get in touch and let me know the best way to report this so that other customers don;t get sucked in by this phishing scam?

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

See this recent reply for some potential risks in stringing the scammers along and winding them up

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Re-Yet-another-attempted-scam/m-p/4875060#M457...

There have been quite a number of past posts on here from customers whose home phone number has been misused as a fake caller ID.

As for reporting to VM, VM are certainly aware of the issue and provide a basic amount of advice and info to customers but VM have no actual solution to the problem. Reporting to the likes of Action Fraud is a similarly pointless official information-collecting exercise (unless you have actually been a victim of fraud).