cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bogus Call centre

SMiTTy27
Joining in

I to have received a bogus call centre call from  India. This time saying people outside of my home can use my internet. I said how as they need a password and he said no they don’t. How come friends and family need a passcode to access my internet then and others outside don’t. Then said as they are on it they can access my data. I said is this call not about trying access my data. Just hung up. Please make more people aware of this scam number rang on is 01406436xxx.

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SMittyy27, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Glad to hear you were able to identify this was a spam call and thank you for making us and other users aware. We would never contact our customers advising that there are any issues with the service or people being able to access your service.

I would strongly advise for anyone who is unsure about any calls like this is to not give any personal details, you can however ask for whoever it is who is calling to note your account to advise they tried calling as if we are genuinely calling for any reason we'll already have your details.

Once you have asked this you can then hang up and call us back to verify that we did try calling.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SMittyy27, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Glad to hear you were able to identify this was a spam call and thank you for making us and other users aware. We would never contact our customers advising that there are any issues with the service or people being able to access your service.

I would strongly advise for anyone who is unsure about any calls like this is to not give any personal details, you can however ask for whoever it is who is calling to note your account to advise they tried calling as if we are genuinely calling for any reason we'll already have your details.

Once you have asked this you can then hang up and call us back to verify that we did try calling.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules