cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder Mail Server Hacked MitM

pgribbon
Tuning in

Since Sunday I have experienced several (10 +) instances where websites linked to my email address (Blueyonder) have requested the contact details to be changed. 

Every time I reset my password with the website to resolve the issue, another request was made to change the contact details again. Given that requests to change also included verification codes which I did not request, I assume that a bad actor is intercepting all my Blueyonder emails.

I've used different devices and platforms (Windows and iOS) and the issue remained. It only stopped when I ceased using @Blueyonder and used other email address to be contacted by the companies. 

Can you please investigate urgently and advise what other information you need from me. 

Thank you 

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey pgribbon,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account. Are you able to check if you have any auto forwarding setup on your webmail account?

We have information on how to do that here, along with some other tests that you can use to check your account.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

There is an auto forward from virginmedia.com to an account that I know about. 

However, the account compromise issues have occurred where a blueyonder.co.uk email has been used.

Can you advise if/how I can look at the settings for those email addresses? 

Thank you

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply 

Information regarding email settings can be found here

Please can you take a look and let us know if this helps?

If not, we will be happy to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Unfortunately not, as the issue relates to a hacker accessing the Blueyonder server..... nothing to do with updates to my Virgin Media account.

I's like to change my password to the Blueyonder server to prevent any further compromise. How can I do that please?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pgribbon wrote:

Unfortunately not, as the issue relates to a hacker accessing the Blueyonder server..... nothing to do with updates to my Virgin Media account.

I's like to change my password to the Blueyonder server to prevent any further compromise. How can I do that please?

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello pgribbon,

I'd like to take a look into this for you.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If not already done do consider looking at ⚙ > E-Mail - Filter Rules for any unexpected rules listed and disable or delete.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks