cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being bombarded with scam emails on ntlworld email address

salamat
On our wavelength

Suddenly I’m being bombarded with scam emails on an old ntlworld.com email address! McAfee, Norton etc......7 yesterday, 15 today! Am aware of others in my area also getting hit with these....has anything in particular happened to cause these? (Am reporting them to report@phishing.gov.uk)

23 REPLIES 23

This has happened previously 

Do you have the personal email of the chief executive of virgin so I can forward them all to him virgin stopped them previously why not now

I have tried creating rules to send them to trash but they no longer work almost as if the header is like the email address hidden incorrect

So chief exec email please then perhaps something will be done

We certainly understand the frustration these spam emails are causing you Alun135.

Can we ask if you have followed the spam email link here that has been sent to your previously? 

We do have several other posts within our community forums regarding spam emails, I have included one here which may be of some help.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

yes I have followed that the problem is all these emails Have different sender id's for instance

It could initially be say "xyz@jodi.ntl.com" then change to "xyz@alun.ntl.com" or even go to "alun@ntl.com"

Yet the massage remains identical picture wise

So sending to spam does not help in the slightest

I have even gone into the source of the message where it shows all details of sender etc

The one thing that remains the same is an address for "Rocketman" 

I have tried creating rules so that anything in the body with that name is sent to trash but it does not go so why not

If you search my posts you will see the one with the source it lists everything

What I need to know is other than the email address you see as normal what in the body can I use to block them

Alun135
Dialled in

Well virgin media phishing@virginmedia.com

do not like you forwarding all these emails its booted me off the system telling me my password is incorrect

So its a bit pointless thing is I have an email asking me how helpful they have been ROFLMAO 

Guess what I am going to say

Sorry to hear that has happened Alun135

Can you please tray again and ley us know how you get on 

Gareth_L

I am not realy interested in getting blocked again it took me hours yesterday getting access to my email

To be honest I am going to abandon it

I have now started to get these on my regular email if I have to abandon that one I may as well leave virgin as my email address is linked to hospital bank doctors etc and that to be honest is the only reason I have not moved to a cheaper providor

I think also you may need to check you have not been hacked as since posting here using my regular email I have been getting the scam mcafee into this one

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Alun135

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

If you give this a try for me again we can take this from here?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

prettyp62
On our wavelength

Like many others here I receive MANY (sometimes 30+ a day) spam emails to my @ntlworld email account. I forward all of them to ‘report@phishing.gov.uk’ and block senders to help prevent further activity (VM phishing only interested in mail that ‘looks like’ a VM scam). However, due to my diligence, once again, my email account was locked by VM last Saturday (confirmed in a conversation with a VM employee on Sunday). I was unable to update/change password myself at ‘virgin media.com’ and he had to set a temporary password to enable me to get access to my VM account (I quickly changed it afterwards). I explained I do all my work from my iPhone and had no access to a computer. I use the email app (more efficient and settings correct) on my phone to access all my email accounts (VM, gmail) and this was not updating (no password/invalid email address). He advised that no one was available to assist with this and call back on Monday. After a very frustrating conversation I was told I needed to speak with someone from Technical Support (no doubt to reset my account) and a note was put on my file for a call back. It’s now Friday and I’ve still not received a call!!!!!😡

anyone offer any assistance or know how to contact Technical Support directly? Same thing happened in July and took days to resolve 😖

Try sending an email to this address complaining I had a response from them in 24 hrs

Remove asterics and spaces and replace at with @

Exec *utiveTea *m at virgin* media.c *o.uk

prettyp62
On our wavelength

Thank you for this response. I have actioned. Will let you know how I get on. 👍🏻
Kindest regards.