cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another scam call?

Kernewek
On our wavelength

Just received a call on my mobile from [MOD EDIT: Potential spoofed number] Banbury exchange. An Indian chap said he was from VM and could save me 30% on my monthly bill and how much was my bill. I asked if he was from VM then he should already know my monthly bill, he insisted he was from marketing and not billing, I hung up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Kernewek wrote:

Just received a call on my mobile from [MOD EDIT: Potential spoofed number] Banbury exchange. An Indian chap said he was from VM and could save me 30% on my monthly bill and how much was my bill. I asked if he was from VM then he should already know my monthly bill, he insisted he was from marketing and not billing, I hung up.

There have been a few mentions of these fake calls offering discounted VM services. Similar past topics seem to be an attempt to collect account security info. and banking details. In one similar-sounding, recent case on here, a mobile phone was ordered by the scammers against the account holder's name.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Kernewek wrote:

There have been a few mentions of these fake calls offering discounted VM services. Similar past topics seem to be an attempt to collect account security info. and banking details. In one similar-sounding, recent case on here, a mobile phone was ordered by the scammers against the account holder's name.