cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being scammed?

viigante
Joining in

Hello,

Today I received a call from Virgin internet company. They said that my internet is bad so I should download TeamViewer so they could check my internet quality. And then they send me this notification. And started asking for my bank details and I think they are scamming me.

Screenshot_20221226_100227_QuickSupport (1).jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you acted on the miscreant's instructions to install TeamViewer you should:

• immediately disconnect the device from the Internet
  • uninstall TeamViewer
  • if you accessed any:
    ― online financial services or think you may have revealed information that could compromise the account contact the financial institute immediately for further advice
    ― other online services consider changing their authentication credentials using a device that is know to be clean
  • scan the device on which TeamViewer was installed for any malware or, if in a position to do so, reset device and restore using backups

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is almost certainly a scam. If you get any unsolicited call like this I would suggest terminating the call and calling the company using a different line and using the official phone number. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looking at the ppor ghrammar it's a scam, plus the "refund" amount is in euros.

VM wouldn't ask a customer to download and use TeamViewer.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you acted on the miscreant's instructions to install TeamViewer you should:

• immediately disconnect the device from the Internet
  • uninstall TeamViewer
  • if you accessed any:
    ― online financial services or think you may have revealed information that could compromise the account contact the financial institute immediately for further advice
    ― other online services consider changing their authentication credentials using a device that is know to be clean
  • scan the device on which TeamViewer was installed for any malware or, if in a position to do so, reset device and restore using backups

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks