cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adress for head office

RD54
Tuning in

Hi

Can someone supply me with a name and address of someone in Head office who can deal with a problem which I will explain below. 

I had virgin media installed in March this year on the first bill I received there was two video rentals which me and my wife had not bought anyway we were reimbursed the money for this but it has caused us real problems of a private nature. I want to contact someone in head office and I want the titles I had supposedly rented. At the time I was put through to a call center that I think was possibly India, I was told the time of the rental at the time  which was late at night were as me and my wife were in bed at 9-pm. This has turned out really serious for us and there was absolutely no way we ordered anything off virgin media. We have been with virgin on and off for a long time now and never rented anything before in all them years.  I am 100 percent that nothing extra was ordered and so I can only come to the conclusion without any dought that there was a problem from the company's side. I would appreciate anyone who can provide me with the best person to contact over this problem.  Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@RD54 wrote:

Hi

I have filled a data request form in this morning also do you have a direct address for virgin media to put a complaint in thanks in advance

Contact methods for complaints are here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints/broadband-tv-phone-contact

I believe that signing in allows you to submit the complaint and then track via 'My Virgin Media'

Don't get your hopes up too high for a sensible answer/outcome though. There is room for improvement in how VM handles customer complaints.

For clarity though, what is it that you are seeking from VM at this point?

If I have understood your original post correctly, they refunded for the alleged downloads.

Are you seeking an explanation, admission of a VM billing error, apology or something else?

I don't use the VM TV service myself so am not familiar with the billing processes but on the bill where the charge appeared, does it not show what was allegedly downloaded in Usage charges>>On demand charges as per example below (in the expanded usage charges section) or is the info missing, hence the DSAR?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-bill-explainer

Phantom billing does crop up on here quite regularly but it is usually to do with phone call charges where the individual calls are hidden from view below the itemisation limit. Such topics are usually resolved behind the scenes via private message by the VM forum team.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider exercising your rights under the GDPR to obtain all information Virgin Media hold concering the incident by either:

FYI: Virgin Media do not record all calls and those recorded are deleted after 180 days so act with appropriate urgency.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @RD54

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear that there was an error with movie rentals on your account and that it has caused personal problems for you. That is not ideal at all.

Have you contacted GDPR as @用心棒 suggested?

Unfortunately, if the movies were Adult Films then I will not be able to see the titles of them if I take a look at your account.

Kind regards,

Serena

Thankyou for your reply.

I don't know whether they are adult or not what I do know is that my wife and myself are in bed by 9 pm and what ever was downloaded I was told was watched after that time.  I think there is something extremely and seriously wrong when I can be accused of downloading films when I absolutely haven't.  I don't know what to think of this practice even whether virgin have someone who has been dishonest but I will contact the persons I were advised to tomorrow.  I don't think this company realises the damage false accusations can cause. This happened in the first month of my rejoining virgin media. And I just want someone to be honest here.

Hi

I have filled a data request form in this morning also do you have a direct address for virgin media to put a complaint in thanks in advance

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@RD54 wrote:

Hi

Contact methods for complaints are here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints/broadband-tv-phone-contact

I believe that signing in allows you to submit the complaint and then track via 'My Virgin Media'

Don't get your hopes up too high for a sensible answer/outcome though. There is room for improvement in how VM handles customer complaints.

For clarity though, what is it that you are seeking from VM at this point?

If I have understood your original post correctly, they refunded for the alleged downloads.

Are you seeking an explanation, admission of a VM billing error, apology or something else?

I don't use the VM TV service myself so am not familiar with the billing processes but on the bill where the charge appeared, does it not show what was allegedly downloaded in Usage charges>>On demand charges as per example below (in the expanded usage charges section) or is the info missing, hence the DSAR?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-bill-explainer

Phantom billing does crop up on here quite regularly but it is usually to do with phone call charges where the individual calls are hidden from view below the itemisation limit. Such topics are usually resolved behind the scenes via private message by the VM forum team.

Hi 

Thanks for your reply yes I want an explanation proof of where they got the information that I had downloaded any content also I was originally bullied by one of the operators in regards to telling me I had downloaded this content. Originally all I wanted was for them to refund and apologise but that never happened until I came on this site and they refunded me. If they had admitted right away and refunded me I wouldn't be in this position now. I'm sorry but I don't want to go into too much detail on a public site.

• Regards Roy 

Hey @RD54,

Thanks for coming back to us and I want to apologise again for the issues that this has caused you. 

I can take a further look into this for you but we would need to do this over a private message as we need to pass account security with you.

Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hello Steven

I've sent a letter in to head office and I'm awaiting an answer regarding freedom of information do you still require my password and details.

Regards Roy.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @RD54,

Thanks for your reply. If you respond to Steven's private message with the relevant information we would also be able to assist you further with this from here.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide