Very frustrating
0 Kudos
diziet
Tuning in
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Absurd password requirements

Kippies wrote:

I got hooked after picking up Use of Weapons when it came out in what? 1990? < scary thought

I was nearly Zakalwe when I joined here, but wound up re-using a nic used in other places.

That or "Grey Area", my favourite ship Smiley Wink

Haha, my phones WiFi AP was Grey Area, with the only password that made sense "meat******".  I still own all Bank's books both Iain M. and not.  Such is my feeling of "damn, I'll never be able to read a new book of his again" I still have "The Quarry" & "Hydrogen Sonata" to read.  I'll read them someday soon, but when I do I expect tears will be shed.  Use of Weapons was first, then Player of Games then State of the Art. Somebody later kindly (well I say kindly) gave me their copy of The Wasp Factory.

And yeah, 1990.  Jesus was it really?  How did I get old?  Apart from y'know not dying.

0 Kudos
diziet
Tuning in
Message 13 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Samurite wrote:

Just posted about this too on
Hub 3 WPA stupid requirement

Very frustrating

Glad you figured it out though. Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
arallsopp
Tuning in
Message 14 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Here's how I changed mine.

Prep: open web admin in chrome. Open inspection panel and selected 'network'. Then checked 'preserve log' was selected.

Act: submit a valid combination with something you'll easily recognise, and watch the network panel spill loads of calls. Locate the set calls that'll start with `http://192.168.0.1/snmpSet?` and find the two that include the password you just set.

Open each in a new tab.

Change the URL in the newly opened tabs so that parameter for the password matches the value you want and press enter.

When I did this, I got a JSON response that confirmed the setting had been made. I've resubmitted both tabs repeatedly in any order, and even after changing the SSID it still worked.

YMMV, buyer beware, etc...

JRA
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Good man, thanks Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
dmjones500
Just joined
Message 16 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I solved this by editing the JavaScript in Chrome Web Developers tool. It seems there's no back-end validation of the password once it's got past the JavaScript.

The offending file is "/skins/lgi/js/base.js?ver=9.1.116V". You can find this on the Sources tab. Search through that file for "errMsg_WeakPassword" and you'll find the first result is part of an else clause, which returns false. Change that to return true, hit Ctrl-S to save the file, then try to submit the web form again.

else
                {
                   $("#strengthBar_"+o.pid+" "+".pass_arrow").attr("class", "pass_arrow weak orange");
                   $("#strengthBar_"+o.pid+" "+".pass_text").attr("class", "pass_text weak");
                   $("#strengthBar_"+o.pid+" "+".pass_text").text("Not Sufficient");
                   $("#tickMark_"+o.pid+" "+" img.check-icon").css("display","none");
                   this.errMsg = xlate("errMsg_WeakPassword", v );
                   return false;  // <--- change to true
                }
arallsopp
Tuning in
Message 17 of 19
Flag for a moderator

If you can paste the whole function, people can just copy the whole text directly into the console before they click to update their pass. That's a fair chunk easier than spotting the lines, if possible.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Problem sorter
Message 18 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Like the idea, but I suspect VM would rather frown on changes like this and of course an update, if it ever comes, would need changes again.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
morganch
Joining in
Message 19 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The level of stupidity in business these days!

How on earth did you come up with idea to limit the number of uppercase characters and numbers.

And further you have the same limitations on Guest WiFi so I need to replace the signs I have for guests.

Your WiFi is not fit for purpose.

Grrrr

0 Kudos