cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT! I'm hacked you and stolen you information

am54
Joining in

I am yet another victim of these horrible scammers. I too cannot change my details on my account and I have received the email demanding money. Could a moderator please help?

11 REPLIES 11

am54
Joining in

I have a current full package with Virgin Media

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @am54 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been the victim of a hack, just to confirm, can you expand on what has been hacked? 

Let us know, we'll certainly be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for replying Nathan. It's basically the same as everyone else I've been reading about on the forum.

My email account has been locked out. An email demanding money then all the passwords on my various accounts being changed, Facebook, Instagram etc. and phone numbers associated with sites have been changed too so that there's no way of confirming who you are. 

I'm away from my computer for 45 mins so if I don't answer, that's the reason.

You're welcome 😊 Thanks for confirming, is this an old email account then or one still linked to an active account?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

The email that's been hacked is not the one I used to set up this forum account. The one that's been hacked is an active account.

Thanks for confirming, I'd recommend checking our Email security page here for further instructions on how to secure your details after a hack.

If you need any further support after checking this, please do let us know, we'll certainly be happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

Hi Nathan, I've done the malware checks and  can't get into my account because they have changed my details.

This data breach is causing me no end of problems, can you help please?

Quorny
On our wavelength

I was hacked by someone in China years ago Virgin didn't help at all. They stole my email address and to this day I can't set up email on my phone it has to be by webmail . I hope you get some help