cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT! I'm hacked you and stolen you information

vinny33
Tuning in

Hi All, 

I too have had this email today, which it seems loads and loads of people are getting.

My question is if I change my virgin media sign in password, will this resolve the issue? 

Im not I.T. savvy so any advice would me most welcome

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the password quoted by the miscreant:

• is currently in use then yes it should be changed; if you believe the account may have been compromised then follow the advice here, My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help
  • is used elsewhere then update it to a unique password that is just to be used with that service

FYI: Virgin Media's password policy has changed allowing for complex longer passwords. If appropriate, do consider taking advantage of this change.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the password quoted by the miscreant:

• is currently in use then yes it should be changed; if you believe the account may have been compromised then follow the advice here, My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help
  • is used elsewhere then update it to a unique password that is just to be used with that service

FYI: Virgin Media's password policy has changed allowing for complex longer passwords. If appropriate, do consider taking advantage of this change.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the information on the above subject, ive have changed my password etc

Hi @vinny33 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised.

As @用心棒 has mentioned, the best thing to do is reset your password to a brand new unused one and this should resolved these issues as outlined here.

If you do need any further help, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Many thanks

Tom_W