cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A device using your internet connection may be infected with malware

jrh
Tuning in

I have received an email with the above message and further

"You have received this email as one or more of your Virgin Media mailboxes has recently been locked due to suspicious activity being detected.

It is important that you:

1. Do a full virus scan on your device with up-to-date anti-virus software
  2. Reset your password to something new, unique to this account and secure."

As we have several devices and several maiboxes  on the internet connection, I need more help to deal with this.

2 REPLIES 2

jrh
Tuning in

... sorry original post was incomplete.

I understand that vrigin might not be able to specify which device on my side of firewalls is the problem, but surely you can tell me which mailbox & what activity is reported as suspicious?

Is it for instance that I send regular emails to around 80 bcc recipients? (all of whom have recently confirmed that they want to mbe mailed)

thanks for any help

JRH

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jrh

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 

I'm very sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM for more details so we can advise further on this for you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide