cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd representative

ABe1
Tuning in

I need to authorise another member of my family to represent me to virgin while I am away from home.

How do I do this.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As long as they know your memorable word for customer services calls they can do so for most things.

But some things will be still restricted to your authority only. Virgin Media accounts can only have one account holder.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
As long as they know your memorable word for customer services calls they can do so for most things.

But some things will be still restricted to your authority only. Virgin Media accounts can only have one account holder.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ABe1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

As BenMcr has advised as long as they can pass data protection we should be able to discuss most things. 

Is there anything in particular that they will need discuss?

^Martin

Any problems they may have.

They will need to access help line respond to advice given etc.

Regards

Does sharing memorable word not constitute a breaking of the contract?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ABe1 

They won't be able to make any changes to the account such as adding or removing packages  changing payment details, or cancelling your account.

Giving them the password is a matter of trust between yourself and the other person, the same as you giving them the password to use TV Go

Basically all they can do is ask for help if there are any issues with receiving the services you pay for.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For the avoidance of doubt I feel I should point out that it is the memorable word, also known as the customer verification pass phrase, that is under discussion here.

TV Go access would require the primary account password which should be entirely different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks