cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 sub Email accounts deleted

Manchesterj
Joining in

Email clients were saying my ntlworld credentials were wrong so I logged in to the account and reset the password. I then got a mail from virgin  that two of my sub accounts were successfully deleted which i hadn't done. How do i go about restoring the sub Accounts as they're for other family members. My original account though accessible does not now appear to be getting mails. Any ideas as i suspect the account has been hacked and i have had to set up the account for this forum using a different account as the password link for the old forum account never arrived.

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Manchesterj,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for your first post!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the sub email accounts on your account. If you were just changing the password on these accounts, the email addresses wouldn't have been deleted. The 'change password' button is quite close to the 'delete email' button on the profile section of your account, could it be possible that you removed the emails in error?

Can you also please show us a screenshot of the email you received if possible so we can be sure that it is genuine?

Thanks

Beth

Beth

Hi,

thanks for the response. 

Manchesterj_0-1633593622706.png

I've been able to get in to the main account and redirect to another after updating the password (that was not being accepted). One of the sub accounts that was apparently deleted belongs to my son who had redirection so he is still receiving e-mails (even though he can't use the account) as am I after turning on redirection. Before I did this my outlook was unable to download from the main account and even on webmail (virgin site) it was not receiving e-mails but was able to send them. I've been in touch with support on the phone and put a request in to get the accounts put back. Note that at the time of the deletion I was not logged on. Nor did I change the password on the main account.

Thanks,

Jeremy.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Manchesterj,

Thanks a lot for your response and apologies again that you are having this issue with your email accounts.

I'd like to take a further look into this to see what's going on and try to get these secondary ones available to you again.

I'll send you a private message to confirm some account details, so please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide