Menu
blahflob
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

08001836411 is this Virgin?

I keep getting calls from this number, an operator who is pretty much unintelligible, claiming to be from Virgin.

I m usually asked for my account details, so I ask to be removed from the list and hang up

I keep getting the calls, can someone confirm if this is / is not Virgin?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Tudor
Superstar
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: 08001836411 is this Virgin?

Possibly is VM, but you cannot rely on the caller Id as validation, it is so easily spoofed if you know what you are doing. Ask all the people who have lost money from their bank accounts!

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Have you tried calling to number back to see what clues it gives you. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi blahflob and apologies for the unwanted calls,

I can confirm this is a Virgin Media number. If you wish to be removed from our marketing list, you can do so by logging into My Virgin Media here: https://virg.in/myVM. Head to 'My Account' then 'My Preferences'.

Hope this helps, 

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
fmac2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have had numerous calls from this number, on my mobile, from people asking to speak to my husband. My husband is the account holder, not me, so why is VM ringing my mobile and not our landline which is a Virgin number or alternatively my husband’s mobile?  I've had at least 5 calls in the last few days. It’s a real pain. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi fmac2, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. 

Sorry if you've been receiving a lot of calls, sounds like your contact number may be listed on the account as the main one. 

It's an easy one to solve, if you're husband is able to give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111 we can update this information.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused Smiley Happy

ALEX_RM

0 Kudos
paulcollins59
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have just had a call from this number and it sounded exactly like one of those phone scams where people pose as technicians, they wanted £8 a month and someone to come into my home to tamper with my superhub so I declined.  Thank you for the link to be removed from marketing.

0 Kudos
AMC18
Settling in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have just received my second call from this number. The woman asked for me by name and said it was about replacing my Virgin box as my old one was going to stop working. She asked me for my address. I told her if the call was genuine she would know I didn't need it, and put the phone down.

The last time I received a similar call from a man (both callers had a foreign accent, although this doesn't necessarily mean they weren't genuine), I refused to give personal details to a cold caller and he said in that case I had to call Virgin on 150 and arrange for my new box to be delivered. When I called 150 I was told I was right not to give my details and that some customers did (did that mean the call was a scam?). I know that Virgin are rolling out a new box and so arranged for it to be delivered. I was not told that this meant I was changing my package and the monthly cost would rise. I did not ask to change my package, I was under the impression that it was Virgin who wanted to change the box. And why would I receive another call today about changing my box? Does Virgin not keep customer records?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi AMC18, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had and any confusion caused, if you still need help with this please let me know.

Many thanks,

ALEX_RM- Forum Team

0 Kudos
gibbletts
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ive had 2 calls in the last 2 days the first time cut off and today’s was just silent which I believe is against ofcom rules, I don’t particularly mind the calls but at least have the decency to speak!

0 Kudos