cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kingfisher2
On our wavelength

I have tried to stop your annoying phone call from 08000521251 on my virgin preferences , still i get them , sort it out .

13 REPLIES 13

had 2 today from virgin media an absolute pain.come on virgin put a stop to it. Have even gone into my preferences to stop this , still getting them. You are very annoying.

Hi @kingfisher2,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're getting these unwanted calls. I can confirm that is a legitimate Virgin Media contact number, however, it's also possible for a number to be spoofed. When you answer the call does the caller advise of the reason that they're making contact with you?

In regards to your preferences change, can you confirm roughly when you made that change?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kingfisher2

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum.

Thank you for making this post regarding the unwanted sales calls you are receiving from us, I'm sorry for any irritation caused by the calls.

Are you receiving these calls to a non-Virgin Media phone?

Please do let me know.

Kind regards,

Serena

he said he was virgin media, after a few seconds delay , I then hung up. I altered my preferences about 2 hrs ago. It will now take a few days to take effect. I expect I will get many more until it takes effect. What a pain.

yes I am receiving them from a non virgin phone

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi kingfisher2,

If you also have a mobile with VM you would also have to turn of the marketing there by logging into https://mobile.virginmedia.com/ecare/login 

This doesn't stop VM sending literature by post to the householder.

Please note it can take up to 28 days to take effect ..

Also there are no separate options to turn off telephone, post, text messages, tv edit magazine etc individually, so all forms of marketing will be stopped.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @kingfisher2 

As you have said it can take a few days for this to come into effect. 

If you do still get marketing calls then please do let us know and we can double check things on this end.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

about 10 days ago altered preference, got another call  a few days ago said he was from virgin.

Hi kingfisher2,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can appreciate this must be frustrating.

If you have now opted out of marketing preferences and still receiving calls purporting to be us, it is likely that the number is being spoofed and is a fraudulent call.

I'm going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and look into this for you.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth