cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0800 183 6404 is this number a scam?

bdw
Up to speed

This number 0800 183 6404 has called me at least half a dozen times during the last week. I don't normally answer unknown numbers that look suspicious but tonight I did answer. The guy spoke with a foreign accent and said he was from Virgin Media. He then asked me for my post code. I told him I would not be giving out any personal details and hung up on him.

Is this a scam?

65 REPLIES 65

Hi

I've been getting calls from this number again (after telling them earlier in the year to remove me from these calls). Can someone please make the change on my account to prevent these marketing calls occurring again.

Thanks

Hi sb72, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear these calls are becoming a nuisance for you. 

I have gone in to the account and changed your preferences to No Contact. 

It may take up to 6 weeks for the calls to completely stop but they will filter out before this. 

If you have any further issues, come back to us. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

paulmyson
Dialled in

I,ve been called every day now (except weekends) for one month by this number I spoke to them a few months ago and told them not to call again as it is a SCAM call. I have now had enough and reported this number and your company to the ICO. It has caused me so much stress every day I am a carer and I just can't take anymore! Companies like Virgin sales should not be aloud to do business. You should be ashamed putting people through this on a daily bases. I tried to get help off here before HA no joy.  

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi paulmyson

I am incredibly sorry this was not sorted previously for you.

I've sent a PM to you that you can find on the top right in the purple envelope.

If you can pop back to me on this that would be great and I'll be able to support further.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Hi.  I've had calls from this number this week.  When the person asked me for some security details, I simply said that how was I to know that they were Virgin Media.  Without any other explanation they put the phone down on me, so are they genuine?

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PHB01

Many thanks for getting in touch with us about the marketing call you appear to have received from one of the teams.

My apologies the phone was disconnected during the call in this way.

I'll be happy to feed this back.

Additionally if you are looking to remove your details from our Marketing consent then you can do so by getting in touch with our teams via the below methods.

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

If you can PM me the following that would be great!

• Call dates and times
  • Your name
  • The full address
  • If you are the account holder

I can then flag this back to our people for you. 

To PM* me, simply:

Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

so I can flag this back to our people for you that would be great.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Hi, I'm getting numerous unwanted calls a day. Is there somewhere I can go to change my contact status to none?

Martin_D
Knows their stuff

@l51r8wrote:

Hi, I'm getting numerous unwanted calls a day. Is there somewhere I can go to change my contact status to none?

Hi, I51r8

As stated above by Karen_A

If you are looking to remove your details from Marketing consent then you can do so by getting in touch with our teams via the below methods.

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Regards,

Martin

Welcome to the most friendliest community.

Have you got technical problem post it and we will help you fix it.

My 76 year old mother in law is getting three calls a day from this number. She assumes it is a scam and doesn't answer, but this is fantastically bad practice for what appears to be a reputable company. Stop it.

T

@Chucktwrote:

My 76 year old mother in law is getting three calls a day from this number. She assumes it is a scam and doesn't answer, but this is fantastically bad practice for what appears to be a reputable company. Stop it.

This particular thread has been running for a year now. The fact that Virgin Media have done nothing about it speaks volumes about their concern.