cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

07445576718 text number is genuine

jjdunning
Tuning in

Hi – I just had it confirmed from one of your moderators that 07445576718 is a scam text number.

1) I would like to know how the scammers got my phone number – it is clearly triggered by having been in contact with you on the phone, so your security must be terrible.

2) I'd like to know why there are posts on your forums dating from January of this year where people are flagging this issue, and yet the text scam is still active? Please tell me what you're doing about this. I gave them the first three letters of my password (in a process that is very similar to your real security checks on the phone).

3) Why hasn't there been any warning of the scam sent to users?

I only wanted to change an engineer's appointment time. If there was a more direct and simple way to contact you via your site do this, then I wouldn't even have needed to ring you up.

To be honest, I'm beginning to think that everything I heard about VM before joining was true. Starting to wish I hadn't given you the benefit of the doubt when signing up.

JJ

15 REPLIES 15

No problem 🙂

@Melissa_F wrote:

Hi All,Thanks for your posts regarding this number. 

I can confirm that this is a legitimate Virgin Media number and is used regarding installation/service issues etc. When you go through to speak to one of our team via the 'Chat', this is then logged on your account so any one else you speak to is able to see that you've talked with us. 

Since the number is legit, surely the title of the thread should be amended to avoid confusion... e.g. [number is real and used for appointments] on the end?

The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π

Thanks MrHalfAsleep.

I'll make sure this is updated 🙂

Melissa

Hey Melissa!

I'am having a similar issue with a new order I placed on Tuesday. Could you have some time to help me out?

Cheers,

Victor Vinci

@Melissa_F wrote:

No problem 🙂

Hey Melissa!

I'am having a similar issue with a new order I placed on Tuesday. Could you have some time to help me out?

Cheers,

Victor Vinci

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @victorvinci 

Thank you for taking the time to post. 

Please could you expand on the issue you are experiencing? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M